[Dragaera] DZUR Face Front and NEW

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 19:25:42 PDT 2006

Some of you know what I meant by my subject line and some of you don't.

I pre-ordered Dzur at Barnes and Noble and I had to go over and
see if the Brust shelf area was okay.  They had only two copies of
Dzur and they were both only showing the side or spine of the book.
And then there wasn't any Dzur books in the NEW Science Fiction
section and none in the New Fiction section.

So when I left with my copy of Dzur, there was one Dzur book in the
NEW Science Fiction section Face Front and in the Brust section
was the second Dzur Book Face Front.

Just my little bit to help spread the word.  Lots of Vlad fans out
there that probably don't even know there is a *NEW* book out.
And even others who might pick up the book for the cool cover.

Dzur has "A SCI FI ESSENTIAL BOOK" on the cover.  But isn't
up on http://www.scifimonthlypick.com yet.

But a Search of scifi.com came up with these
 http://www.scifi.com/essentials/dzur
http://www.scifi.com/essentials/books
http://www.scifi.com/newsletter

And an  interview with Steven Brust
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw7367.html

And for those of you Firefly/Serenity fans with
'institutional affiliation" :

from http://whedonesque.com/comments/10983#more

"Call For Papers: Critical Studies in Television (CST) is asking
for proposals for a book of essays on Firefly and Serenity. Two
American academics, Rhonda V. Wilcox and Tanya R. Cochran, ask
for up to 500-word proposals by September 1, 2006. "

"NOTE: They make it clear that they are inviting scholarly
submissions -- guidelines are available at the link. "

which refers to include 'institutional affiliation" with proposals

See this link if interested
http://www.criticalstudiesintelevision.com/cfps/collections/2006/firefly_seren
ity.shtml

Bye.