[Dragaera] Meta: Spoiler Policy Review

Martin Wohlert martin_wohlert at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 03:31:28 PDT 2006

Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>Spoiler policy (last time this was discussed) was 17 blank lines at the
>top of a post, with warnings in the subject line. (And probably near the
>top of the message itself for good measure).
>
>This should include ANY discussion of ANYTHING that involves situations,
>locations, dialogue, character development, moments, etc from Dzur until
>6 months after the PAPERBACK version of the book is out. (Whether it
>pertains to details in cover blurbs or not. Lots of folks intentionally
>don't read those.)
>
>Somebody kick me if I forgot anything important.
>
>Majikjon

It's preferable that the word SPOILER is included in the _first part_ of the
Message subject.
If the subject is "Whatever happened to Vlad in chapter seventeen? (Dzur
Spoiler)", then this will end up as "Re: [Dragaera] Whatever happened to
Vlad..." (or something like that) in at least some email readers (like
hotmail, which I'm using).
Please word it as "(Dzur SPOILER) Whatever happened to Vlad in chapter
seventeen?" instead. :)

Thank you.