[Dragaera] (Dzur spoilers) Dzur reactions

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 08:11:33 PDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Ken Koester <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov> wrote:

> >REALLY BIG SPOILERS

> >SPOILERS NEXT

Again, I disagree.  The finale is very Dzur-like; the other actors
> decide not to take it there.  Had they decided differently, Vlad would
> have been in there swinging with the finest.  I haven't worked it out in
> detail (being too lazy) but have started wondering if (one of) the
> point(s) of all this is to expose Vlad to all the houses as part of his
> training.  Assuming, that is, he *is* actually being trained as part of
> some as yet unfathomable program.

Agree about Dragon, disagree about the conclusion to /Dzur/. Vlad *says* he
doesn't care which one they choose, but obviously he does care enough to 1.)
make sure the Demon is there to give his threat credibility, and 2.) get
Verra to ensure Telnan shows up. And the conclusion emphasizes the point
that being a Dzur is all about standing alone. That theme interacts in
interesting ways with the recruitment of the First Jhereg Irregulars and
even Vlad's old habits back before Phoenix.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,