[Dragaera] Dzur- Possible spoilers (A question of editing)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 9 15:47:50 PDT 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Johne Cook wrote:
> > On 8/9/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> >
> >> 1
> >> 2
> >> 3
> >> 4
> >> 5
> >> 6
> >> 7
> >> 8
> >> 9
> >> 10
> >> 11
> >> 12
> >> 13
> >> 14
> >> 15
> >> 16
> >> 17

One really ought to try to come up with a Dragaeran-relevant theory
explaining why "&c" was chosen, given that the Texts are likely oral
documents.  To me "&c" has an old-fashioned air to it - perhaps Vlad
chose an old-fashioned version of "et cetera" he picked up from Kiera
for comedic purposes.

Further, I can well imagine a Dragaeran style (either serious or say
taken from the works of a Dragaeran Moliere) where one lists example
after example only to conclude "&c", which the full passage might reflect.