[Dragaera] (Dzur spoilers) Dzur reactions

Johne Cook johne.cook at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 08:36:14 PDT 2006

On 8/10/06, Ken Koester <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov> wrote:

> The conclusion *also* emphasizes that being a Dzur is being prepared
> before rushing headlong to letting blood, and that is exactly what Vlad
> does.

The difference here being that there really isn't any letting of blood
in the finale, and thus my primary quibble - it may be a strategic
victory (or tactical - never can keep them straight,) but that doesn't
make for a satisfying read.

I was geared up for a /fight/.  I feel frustrated.  All that tension
screams for release.

And I rush to add that I don't think this is a /bad/ climax, just an
unsatisfying one.  I think this is an intricately crafted
disappointment, an anticlimactic climax.

--
johne cook - wisconsin, usa