[Dragaera] Chreotha (the book)

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Thu Aug 10 10:47:04 PDT 2006

Jon Lincicum writ:
> In this regard, I'd hold up /Athyra/ as probably the
> book with the closest tie-in to the House it's named
> after. The whole psyche of the Athyra is a running
> theme throughout the story. /Issola/ and /Orca/ are
> also very tight with their House associations, however.

Ah, here you see the evolution of craft.  The gist of what you're saying
is that the later books are generally more successful in making a
connection to the House that names them than the earliest ones did.
Given that Steve's books page (which one may hope will some day return)
mentioned that it wasn't until Teckla that he admitted to himself that
he was even writing a series, this doesn't surprise me.

Casey