[Dragaera] SPOLIER, but NOT for DZUR.

Jeff Log0n5150 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 10 11:30:22 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "tom sausman" <inuyashadontask at netscape.net>
To: "Dragaera list" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:47 AM
Subject: [Dragaera] SPOLIER, but NOT for DZUR.

> The following statements, suggestments, and/or speculations/
> interpretations that may be consider as spoilers, are all those of
> myself and are from the large majority of the Vlad Taltos series NOT
> including the recent publishment of DZUR.
>
>      Blank line # 1
>      Blank line # 2
>      Blank line # 3
>      Blank line # 4
>      Blank line # 5
>      Blank line # 6
>      Blank line # 7
>      Blank line # 8
>      Blank line # 9
>      Blank line # 10
>             ( Was that properly executed, to the unwritten law of
> spoliers, please a few comments )
>
>        Right, well seeing how everyone wrote about Dzur let be the spoon
> in the knife dew.
>         (Yendi)  Theres a statement about two pages, give or take a
> half, after the tenth chapter about Iceflame and its power only being
> rival by that of the Orb and Godslayer.I understand how Iceflame's power
> is tied to Dzur Mountain and the Orb draw power from the Sea of Chaos,
> but what about Godslayer, Vlad can already draw from the Sea, has a link
> to the Orb. Also if Aliera and assumedly so can Sethra, why the need for
> GW's?
>

>From what we have been told, most GW's act as a conduit, to allow the user
to focus more power than they would otherwise. You raise an interesting
point though, Iceflame and the Orb are linked in one fashion or another to
amorphia, what does Godslayer "run" off of?

>       (Yendi-ish) Vlad always makes a point of how a Morganti will
> destory your soul, but in Taltos Morrolan said that he could choose, and
> I believe Aliera had someone kept stafe in Pathfinder in I  think
> Iossla. The question is can only the "choosen one" control weither there
> GW destorys or  devours the soul, and is it only GW or can someone
> control regular Morganti too?

IMHO, probably not. Maybe Daymar could pull it off. I would guess that it is
the sentience of the weapon that makes the difference.

>     (Yendi/ Romances/ among others) Pathfinder's power is to find
> things/person/places that the wielder wants, Blankwand, I assume has the
> ablity to shoot that the black light , Iceflame, well I guess it helps
> Sethra like a familiar. The question is what is Godslayer power? to
> break spells? how can it rival Iceflame and Orb in power?

Yes. Godslayer was designed to penetrate sorcerous defenses and "remove
aspects of deity", or cut off the portion of the deity in questions ability
to manifest on a particular plane of existence. Iceflame and the Orb are not
built for that, what their original purpose was has not been reveled.