[Dragaera] SPOLIER, but NOT for DZUR.

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Aug 10 12:06:06 PDT 2006

>Also if Aliera and assumedly so can Sethra, why the need for
>GW's?

Great Weapons are powerful artifacts that, in addition to their other
attributes, are the only weapons that can be reasonably used to attack and
defeat a Deity. According to Sethra, that was their intended purpose when
the Serioli created them.

>and is it only GW or can someone control regular Morganti too?

Great Weapons have a personality and, apparently, a mind or at least a will
that allows them to make decisions and follow orders. Ordinary morganti
weapons do have a sort of an intelligence, but it's more on the order of
"FEED ME!". To date, the only morganti weapons that have been shown to be
controllable in regards to "eating" a soul are Great Weapons.

>    (Yendi/ Romances/ among others) Pathfinder's power is to find
>things/person/places that the wielder wants,

Yes.

>Blankwand, I assume has the ablity to shoot that the black light ,

Blackwand, as her name implies, is a magic wand in the shape of a sword. Her
specialty is magical effects. She acts as Morrolan's familiar and, according
to Morrolan in _Issola_, has largely replaced his wizard's staff and other
such tools for the purposes of sorcery and witchcraft.

>Iceflame, well I guess it helps Sethra like a familiar.

Sethra doesn't practice witchcraft and sorcery doesn't seem to include the
idea of a familiar. We don't really know just what Iceflame is capable of
doing, except that we've occasionally seen Sethra hold it while casting a
spell.

>The question is what is Godslayer power? to break spells? how can it rival
>Iceflame and Orb in power?

Godslayer, according to Morrolan's Serioli friend in _Dragon_, is called
"Remover of Aspects of Deity" in the Serioli tongue. At its most basic level
it's capable of neutralizing sorcery. More importantly, it can apparently
kill a God outright, or at least dispel whatever trait it is that makes a
God special and render that God mortal. We're talking really dead. Not
simply banished from a particular place as Morollan did to Trinagore or as
Miklos did to Verra.