[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 10 13:10:44 PDT 2006

Blank lines follow

but not only blank lines.

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Howard Brazee wrote:

> On 1:57 PM Philip Hart wrote:

> >  Good point, I think. Also Kragar was nobody (or so it seemed at
> >  least)
> >  when Vlad met him - it's odd to me that he would have been in a
> >  position
> >  to have someone think him worth introducing to Mario, and I'd be
> >  surprised
> >  if Mario hadn't recognized his qualities and used or helped him in
> >  such a
> >  way that 85 years later he should have been somebody.
>
> I don't think Kragar was a nobody.   There's a story behind him.

My concern is that we've seen Kragar as a guy with lots of contacts
and ways of finding out info, but I don't think we've seen him as
someone able to call on the assistance of powerful forces.  I'm
not sure _Yendi_ or _Teckla_ make obvious sense in light of this.

I certainly appreciate that Kragar has an interesting back story.

> >  Related - Mario kills a Left Hand coming out of a teleport, and Vlad's
> >  jaw drops. Couldn't it be as simple a thing as she always teleports
> >  to the same spot and one just waits there?
>
> Vlad expects Mario to be amazing.   He's always talked about him that
> way, and sees what he wants to see.

That's what I was getting at, if my claim is true.  But if it's as
simple as that, Mario's got to think Vlad is a bit stupid.