[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb & Aliera's personality

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:42:33 PDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
> > Well, there's Aliera's superiority complex to consider. She's even
> > contemptuous of Morrolan.
>
> I think that's more of an inferiority complex in that instance - anyway
> something rather complex yet simple.

Maybe I phrased that wrong. She _acts_ contemptuous of Morrolan, and I
think it's not feigned, but it's partly because he's not living up to
her expectations when he disagrees with her (because her superiority
complex leads her to believe that disagreeing with Aliera is prima
facie evidence of a fallacy, somewhere) or does things she thinks are
foolish (like trying to "get out cleanly" instead of killing all the
Jenoine in the place). So manifesting contempt for Morrolan is
actually tied to having Morrolan on a pedestal. Contempt and respect
are not mutually exclusive, for Aliera, as it applies to Morrolan, or
Vlad, or possibly even Kragar. She's got some issues, that girl, yes
she does.

-Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,