[Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 18:00:03 PDT 2006

tom sausman wrote:
>> Yes, but then the Jhereg were founded--thereby making 17 Houses.
>>
>> But the cycle was there all the time, influencing events. It was
>> *fate*, the fate of the Cycle itself, that influenced the events to
>> cause there to be 17 houses instead of 16 (or 31, or 35, or whatever
>> other number you might find Paarfi waxing on about). This is *my*
>> theory, anyway.
>
>         There just no way! That's more complicated than a Yendi's trap
> and Pen was good, very good. IF the Cycle was there before the whole
> planet theory, WHO put it there, the undead, was it still called/ had
> the ablities of the "Paths"?. IF the Jenoine put the Cycle there to
> help modern the experiment, how could they knew that the servents
> would blacklash at them? Also in retcospect there was only 16, if in
> fact the Jhereg started as mostly dragons/ also the founder was a Dragon.
Do you understand the concept of fate?

That the essence of the universe could drive people into an inescapable
destiny?

"Who put it there?" is like saying "Who put the universe there?"

Do you subscribe to a creation god or goddess? Do you believe in an
atheistic "accidental" creation of the universe? Do chance, caprice,
karma, or intellect drive your life?

Am I talking to myself, here?
> Is Fate that shaking?

"Is fate that shaking?". If you postulate that fate exists, then, by
god, YES it IS that shaking.
> Why would the Jenoine consider to keep attacking/ regain what was lost
> if it was Fate?
Why would one man (say, Vlad) struggle against his own destiny?
> Why is it that we only see what like three Jenoine at a time MAX,
Four, IIRC, and they're the only Jenoine we've seen, which means very
little, as we have no idea how many there are, or if numbers even mean
anything to them. If you need to swat a fly, does it concern you if you
only have four nuclear bombs to use, and not ten thousand of them?

> if their are so eager to take back why not at full force, the Orb was
> useless twice, if they got one to stop the orb couldn't the rest
> assult the planet? I am sorry talking too much, thank you for the page
> number I got a bit more confused with the Serioli and the Jenoine, but
> I still get believe that SKZB answers the list!?
No clue as to this last bit, sorry.