[Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

tom sausman inuyashadontask at netscape.net
Fri Aug 11 19:01:34 PDT 2006

> Do you understand the concept of fate?

          Truth be told,no or very vaguely. I just cannot believe in
something so "common" so to speak. Such as, I buy a hotdog, I dropped
it, who's to say it was fate that I won't eat that hotdog because that
vendor was prick or it wasn't  that I just trip while looking at that 20
something down the street?

> That the essence of the universe could drive people into an
> inescapable destiny?

              In truth I can't gasp the thought "essence" of anything,
inescapable destiny, how I believe in the Charlas Douwin Theory, and I
believe I spelled Douwin wrong, anybody?

> Do you subscribe to a creation god or goddess? Do you believe in an
> atheistic "accidental" creation of the universe? Do chance, caprice,
> karma, or intellect drive your life?
>
> Am I talking to myself, here?

     I may not understand the point of the first question but isn't the
Earth an 'atheistis "accidental"
creation of the universe? I do believe in chance, karma, intellect well,
I lead with my shoulders not my head. No, and in fact I am listening
intently and in fact I have read this message about 8-10 times now, I ,
am, very..... "intigued?"

> "Who put it there?" is like saying "Who put the universe there?"

           Isn't the Cycle a materialized object and not organic?
Evoultion cannot bring a bridge, it however creat "man" and man and
construt a bridge. Erosion ( I know I'd spelled that wrong) can make
mountains or the continental plates can, but neither and build a skyscaper.

> "Is fate that shaking?". If you postulate that fate exists, then, by
> god, YES it IS that shaking.

               Well thats just... unreasonable... would walk across a
rope bridge if the thread were already tearing, just to see what was
over there? Another one would you vote for a bypolar leader, giving that
the main sides are either love and peace vs. kill and destory? Theirs no
even ground its too influentical.Last analogy, saying it was Fate is
like saying " I betting on whoever wins."

> Why would one man (say, Vlad) struggle against his own destiny?

           To change it but if it was Fate than than is he unable to
change it, I was refering to shame the Jenoine were exiled from a place
of their choosen and by their "slaves"

> Four, IIRC, and they're the only Jenoine we've seen

         There were four Jenoine at once in Issola? If you counted the
ones from the Romances and Taltos with yours... what six all together.

> If you need to swat a fly, does it concern you if you only have four
> nuclear bombs to use, and not ten thousand of them?

      Would be so kind as to elaborate on that analogy, the fly being
the lot of the gods including  the poeple with the GW? The nuclear is
kind of extreme to me because yes the Jenoine are powerful BUT a
Easterner killed one, I believe thats saying  a nuclear might  be  not
worth the effort but a frog can kill one? Sorry I just confused

> No clue as to this last bit, sorry.

            No problem, I enjoyed the arguement/ debate/ conversation.