[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 21:02:14 PDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Jose Marquez wrote:

> > Which reminds me; I am unconvinced that "chronic indigestion" was the
> > real cause of that sorceress' death, because sorcery can be used for
> > healing oneself, and one as powerful as she had been should have had
> > no trouble doing so.
> >
> I suspect chronic indigestion is Jhereg code for poison.

Possibly.

Kiera asserts that the death was not arranged, but this does not
assuage my suspicions.

There are assassinations which are obviously assassinations, and which
are meant to look like assassinations to all concerned.

There are also probably assassinations which are very carefully
arranged so that they don't look at all like assassinations even
though they obviously are, such as a very wealthy man falling on a
boat in such a way that he just so happens to die unrevivifiably, and
gaining the co-operation of the investigating authorities to say that
it was just an accident.

So combining that speculation with yours could involve introducing
some poison into a sorceress' system, and blocking her from using
sorcery to heal herself, and perhaps also suborning or confounding any
investigators.  Or something like that.