[Dragaera] Spoiler for the books.... Loosely for Dzur

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Aug 14 09:07:58 PDT 2006

At 12:10 AM 8/14/2006, tom sausman wrote:
>I haven't read Dzur let and in fact I encourage spoiling b/c its helps
>boosting the mood for me.

>Now:
>            How long is the most approved length of time that the
>Interregnum.
>        The answer above can neither break or prove my next point, along
>with the fine gentlemen and ladies of this fabulous list help on the
>information of Dzur.
>            All of this leads to my belief of The Demon, of the Jhereg,
>could be Mario.
>     1)  If someone could point out any solid statements that could not
>make this possible, by all means tell me.
>        2)  However in 'Jhereg'  Kargar states that The Demon is probably
>under eight hundred, Mario was around five hundred plus the 243 years
>and that probably close.
>         3)  The Demon during the negotiations knew what was thinking
>while he was thinking, along with the fact that The Demon was always
>looking to the side and not in the eyes of Vlad
>        4)  Who better would know that Mario wouldn't work on a dead line
>than Mario himself?
>        5) No one knows his true name.
>        6) He could have been number 1 but choose 2, could be to spend
>time with Aliera.
>        7) The way he made it big screams Mario not killing the skill it
>took.
>        8) The reason why no one took to jail or try killing him after he
>killed the two Council members, while Vlad, I forgot assaults or kills
>one representative , get everyone lookking for him.

I think Mario is Mario.  What he looks like while he talks to Vlad
may be a matter of disguise--he is, after all, merely the absolutely
best assassin ever.  He undoubtedly knows that Vlad will identify his
name with Aliera, and that Vlad will understand the connection
through Norathar to Cawti, so uses it, but surely, Vlad still doesn't
know what he looks like in actuality.

Vlad is not on the run because of who he has killed.  He is on the
run because he ratted on the Jhereg.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net