[Dragaera] Verra speculation-Dzur spoilers

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Aug 14 09:15:28 PDT 2006

At 09:59 PM 8/13/2006, Louis Eastman wrote:
>Vlad
>Cawti
>Morrolan
>Sethra
>Aliera
>Kragar
>Mario
>Savn
>Paarfi
>Tazendra
>Telnan
>Demon
>Necromancer
>Zerika
>Noish-pa
>Fentor
>Sticks
>1) Memory alteration.
>Now we know that Verra, while she claims she had no choice
>but to do so, definitely decided to mess with Vlad's memory and take out
>bits she didn't like as well. The vial of blood thing is extremely
>important; it could have been the same one Vlad used in the Paths,
>which connects
>with another point I have, or is saving it for a witchcraft spell, or has
>cast a witchcraft spell, or has traded/given it away.
>
>I highly, highly suspect Verra is Vlad's mother. Why? Because Vlad's dad
>kept giving different answers about why his mother left- possibly because
>he can't remember why or how she left, so instead of looking like a fool he
>makes something up? Memory alteration is a possibility here, although he
>may just not want to tell Vlad his mom left (if she wasn't Verra.)

Verra in another body, if at all.  When Vlad meets her, she's
what--eight feet tall?

>2) Vlad's relations with Aliera.
>Aliera isn't too happy Vlad and Verra are 'fighting'. Does she know
>Godslayer will kill Verra? Does she condone how her mother is
>acting? Does she even
>know that Verra's being a class A bitch? If Vlad decides to kill Verra, and
>does so, will Aliera be hurt and forgive him, be hurt and try and kill him, be
>hurt and send Mario after Vlad?
>
>3) Morrolan's relations with Vlad.
>Morrolan's not too happy right now anyway, but learning Vlad threatened
>Verra, if he does, wouldn't make him happier. Can anyone see Verra saying,
>"That weapon he has is what will kill me. Get it from him and let me destroy
>it." and creating a Vlad vs. Morrolan battle?
>
>4) Verra and Godslayer
>Godslayer will kill Verra. Teldra, the soul inside Godslayer, has an unknown
>opinion of Verra, but was Morrolan's high priestess- would she agree
>with killing
>Verra? Although it might not be Vlad killing Verra, if Teldra
>objected, could this be her
>'test of wills' with Vlad?  On another note, if Vlad had attacked
>Verra instantly, he could have
>destroyed her. Verra seems not to be as invincible as we thought,
>even after we saw her fighting
>the Jenoine.

Teldra was not Morrolan's high priestess, that I remember.  I forget
her name, but she was an Easterner.

>On a side note, does anyone else get the feeling that Verra is the single
>biggest, well, bitch in the Vladiad? Does anyone like her in the sense as
>like her as people like Morrolan, or Sethra, or even Vlad?

As do gods in every pantheon, she has her agenda, which may or may
not match that of her individual worshippers.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net