[Dragaera] Verra speculation-Dzur spoilers

Louis Eastman almagaiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:29:54 PDT 2006

> Teldra was not Morrolan's high priestess, that I remember.  I forget
> her name, but she was an Easterner.

That was Morrolan's leader of his circle of witches. In Issola, Lady
Teldra's function
is defined as the greeter of everyone who enters Morrolan's home, and it is
expounded
that Dragaerans consider the gods guests of their homes at all times- as
Morrolan or Aliera
(can't remember who-or is it whom?-said it) simplified, "You would know her
as a high priestess."

>On a side note, does anyone else get the feeling that Verra is the single
> >biggest, well, bitch in the Vladiad? Does anyone like her in the sense as
> >like her as people like Morrolan, or Sethra, or even Vlad?
>
> As do gods in every pantheon, she has her agenda, which may or may
> not match that of her individual worshippers.

Most gods, while playing with mortal lives, usually give a reward if their
followers
do something good. Verra causes harm to Vlad, insults Vlad, and makes
thinly-veiled
threats and more obvious ones. There is arguably nothing gained on Vlad's
side of the
issue; he's lost a finger and caused the end of quite a few lives on her
orders. Now, he's
unhappy with her, and half-serious about killing her.

I really want her to die before the Last Contract.