[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler][Orca Spoiler] A slip of the tongue...

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 15 11:52:36 PDT 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Spoiler Space:
>
> Tortaalik
> Adron
> Shaltre
> Daro
> Paarfi
> G'aereth
> Hub
> Iatha
> Fineol
> Tukko
> Dinb
> Fyhnov
> Chaler
> Savn
> Lysek
> Gardimma
>

> "...which is a problem Dragons tend to have. Strategy only remains
> strategy, apart from tactics, in our heads."
>
> [/cite]
>
> So, why is Kiera the thief including herself when talking about Dragons?
> Isn't Kiera a Jhereg?
>
> Granted, Vlad already knows the truth behind this, but given the way they
> both dance around the topic in Dzur, this seems like a rather careless
> slip for her to make.

Seems like a good catch to me.  But in fact we see several points
where Kiera's getting sloppier - I imagine it's difficult to maintain the
separation knowing Vlad knows. It's perhaps like the difficulty one
encounters speaking a foreign language to someone who knows your native
tongue - the latter keeps popping up.  At least that's my experience.