[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler--minor] Jhereg What?!?

den at monger.net den at monger.net
Wed Aug 16 13:28:40 PDT 2006

>> > On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Chris Olson wrote:

>> > > This is spoiler line 1
>> > > This is spoiler line 2
>> > > This is spoiler line 3
>> > > This is spoiler line 4
>> > > This is spoiler line 5
>> > > This is spoiler line 6
>> > > This is spoiler line 7
>> > > This is spoiler line 8
>> > > This is spoiler line 9
>> > > This is spoiler line 10
>> > > This is spoiler line 11
>> > > This is spoiler line 12
>> > > This is spoiler line 13
>> > > This is spoiler line 14
>> > > This is spoiler line 15
>> > > This is spoiler line 16
>> > > This is spoiler line 17

[Use of "Jhereg Irregulars" in DZUR is likely reference to Sherlock Holmes]

>> So in /Dragon/, it works that way (Vlad and Loiosh are indeed
>> irregular soldiers), and in /Dzur/, it works the Holmes way.
>
> I have a vague recollection of Loiosh talking about the First Jhereg
> Fusiliers or something but don't see it in a cursory book search -
> perhaps I'm just wrong about _D_.

I remember the sequence.  I think Loiosh says First Jhereg Lancers (and
later Vlad refers to the First Jhereg Assassins).  I don't think there's a
First Jhereg Irregulars reference, though I'm sure Vlad is referred to as
an irregular at some point.

So I agree that the Jhereg Irregulars is a Holmes reference.

-Dennis