[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler--minor] Jhereg What?!?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:58:28 PDT 2006

On 8/16/06, den at monger.net <den at monger.net> wrote:

> [Use of "Jhereg Irregulars" in DZUR is likely reference to Sherlock Holmes]
>
> >> So in /Dragon/, it works that way (Vlad and Loiosh are indeed
> >> irregular soldiers), and in /Dzur/, it works the Holmes way.
> >
> > I have a vague recollection of Loiosh talking about the First Jhereg
> > Fusiliers or something but don't see it in a cursory book search -
> > perhaps I'm just wrong about _D_.
>
> I remember the sequence.  I think Loiosh says First Jhereg Lancers (and
> later Vlad refers to the First Jhereg Assassins).  I don't think there's a
> First Jhereg Irregulars reference, though I'm sure Vlad is referred to as
> an irregular at some point.

Hm. Search inside indicates that you are correct regarding "First
Jhereg Lancers" and "First Jhereg Assassins", and strongly suggests
that Vlad is not called an irregular (while the spell-checking on the
text is not always perfect, I think they did a mostly good job in this
case).

It looks like the idea that "Irregulars" was used in /Dragon/ was a
false memory.  Which I succmbed to as well; how annoying.