[Dragaera] The Great Sea of Chaos and my GURPS Infinity/Amber game

Scott scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Aug 17 08:52:13 PDT 2006

>1: Where does the Great Sea of Chaos lie in regards to Adrilankha?
>Are there any maps of Dragaera out there?

Steve deliberately keeps geographical features of the world vague, so
mapping is a challenge. Bryan Newell's map at Bryann.net is as good as
you're likely to get. You can search the mailing list archives of the last
couple of years to find discussions about the likely locations and distances
between various points of interest.

>2: How long would it actually be until the next Athyra reign? I'm assuming
>few thousand years at least, but not really sure how many.

At the beginning of _The Phoenix Guards_, the Cycle has just turned from
Athyra to Phoenix. House reigns are variable, with the typical range being
17-squared (289) and 17-cubed (4913). If we just pull a nice round
semi-median like 2500 years per House out of our hat, you're looking at
around 42,500 years as a reasonable ballpark figure.

>3: What's the lifespan of a Dragaeran? I want to say around a max of 2000
>years. Is this close? (Would any of the characters besides Sethra be alive
>at this time)?

The average lifespan of a Dragaeran is between 1500 and 3000 years.

>4: As far as I can remember only 5 of the Great weapons have been named,
>Iceflame; Blackwand; Pathfinder; Godslayer and the new one. :) Am I missing
>any?

Nope.