[Dragaera] Ardon's Keep

tom sausman inuyashadontask at netscape.net
Fri Aug 18 11:34:04 PDT 2006

> 1) Adron lost his lands and titles as punishment for his rebellion. Redface and other holdings were confiscated by the Empire and awarded to someone else.

            But Adron only had good intentions for the Empire, and in
Yendi, I believe, the idea of takin over was put into his head by Sethra
the Younger. In addition it would have work if it were not for Aliera
and Greycat.

>2) Adron had no children (Aliera being presumed dead) and no living
>relations of any provable merit, so the lands reverted to the Empire.

          I can't believe Sethra would let that happen to a friends keep.

>3) Some warlord or another captured Redface during the Interregnum and, if said warlord allied with Zerika during the Post-Interregnum Civil War, he probably still holds it given that nobody from Adron's line was around to dispute the claim.

              That could have had happen, but wouldn't you think Aliera
would and knowing Aliera start a pirvate war, of one if she had to, just
to re-claim it.

> 4) Aliera reclaimed Redface and any other of Adron's holdings and leaves the management of them to whoever was already doing so for the last 500 years. Given Redface's strategic importance as a bulwark against invasion from the East, this seems just a little bit unlikely. Then again, in an age of casual teleportation, there's no longer a particular need for a Lord to spend his entire life at his military base. Indeed, there may no longer be a need for standing armies as long as the leaders of such armies are confident
>that they can muster a defense with a few hours notice.

        This also wouldn't explain why she is always over Morrolan
castle, they are continuously fighting.

> 5) Any of a half-dozen other conceivable situations. *heh*
>
>Unless Steve gets an idea for why it would be Cool for Vlad to visit Redface or at least research it, I doubt we'll ever find out. It's not germane to any of the stories. Yet. There are only two ways to get to the East if you don't know anyone who can teleport you there - Retrace Morollan's footsteps to the south or retrace Khaavren's footsteps to the north. Vlad has apparently been to the East twice now. I expect we'll hear about at least one of those trips before _The Final Contract_. In that case, Vlad might find a reason to visit Redface along the way and let us know the semi-current state of affairs there.

       For this I have nothing but I cannot doubt you about the other
possiblities, but I will thank you.

                         -Tom Sausman, fellow Dyslexian-