[Dragaera] Dzur - Phoenix Stone & Orb

Robert Wood bertowud at cox.net
Fri Aug 18 18:58:16 PDT 2006

---- skzb <skzb at dreamcafe.com> wrote:
> Why wouldn't he be able to?  His to the Orb permits sorcery; it is not
> sorcery itself.   If sorcery would be required to reach the orb, how
> could anyone ever learn how to do it?
>
> Maybe I'm missing something here.

Could be a misunderstanding on my part.  I always thought checking the Orb for the time was a bit of sorcery.  Since, as I understand it, sorcery is using your connection to the Orb to get a result.

Also, is the link to the Orb psionic in nature?  It just seemed to me that it shouldn't work.

That scene was the one that brought me out of the story for a second to ask myself, "Should he be able to do that?".  If you say he should, that's good enough for me.

I loved Dzur.  I read it in about 5 1/2 hours. Including stopping to take care of my daughter.  It's the first book I've read in a single day in about a year.

Thanks for the great reads.