[Dragaera] Dzur - Phoenix Stone & Orb

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 10:00:19 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Robert Wood <bertowud at cox.net> wrote:

> ---- Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > On 8/18/06, Robert Wood wrote:
> >
> > > How is Vlad able to check the Orb for the time
> > > if he's wearing the Phoenix Stones?
> >
> > Can you point out where he does this?  I figure that since you have
> > the question in mind, it's from stuff you've read recently.
> >

> It was when he got back from Verra's halls
> He checks the Orb to see how long he's been gone.

Another thing that Vlad says about Phoenix Stone is that the black one
"prevents Divine contact", yet he could still get to Verra.  That
leads from the obvious answer (Lady Teldra formed the conduit that
permitted access to Verra's Halls, and she can bypass any restrictions
that the Phoenix Stones impose) to a further pararectal speculation:
That although Vlad may not yet be fully aware of it, Godslayer can
provide him access to his Orb link even though he wears both the
Phoenix stones.  Godslayer can easily manipulate magical energies,
preventing harmful ones from passing through to her bearer, but also
permitting through energies that he wants.  Sort of a filtering
antenna sticking out of the Phoenix Stone's nullifying fields, as it
were.

Speaking of Lady Teldra, I notice that Vlad's confrontation with Verra
is one of the places that Lady Teldra has one of her more obvious
effects on his behaviour; so much so that Vlad even notices it.
Squeezing his arm, as it were, so that his anger and aggression are
channeled into, hm, more effectively diplomatic modes.

> It's been a few days since I read it.  It's just one of those
> things that was still nagging at me.
> That and the identity of Terion's mistress.

That, I have no answer to at this point in time.  Other than "oops".