[Dragaera] Dzur - Phoenix Stone & Orb

lincicum at comcast.net lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 20:41:51 PDT 2006

From: "Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
> On 8/18/06, Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/18/06, Robert Wood <bertowud at cox.net> wrote:
> > > How is Vlad able to check the Orb for the time
> > > if he's wearing the Phoenix Stones?
> >

> > Specifically, I see no reason why the Orb's time-keeping function has
> > to have anything to do with sorcery, and thus with Phoenix Stone.
> >

> Yet in /Phoenix/, one of the signs of being cut off from the Orb was
> not being able to check the time, and the sign that the link was back
> (that is, that their ship had sailed beyond the influence of
> Greenaere's Phoenix Stones) was being able to check the time.

Hmmm... This is a compelling argument.

However, it is possible that there was some additional, unknown element (Blue Phoenix Stone? Green Phoenix Stone? Silver Phoenix Stone?) that we haven't seen yet that blocks the ability of the human mind to influence Necrophia (The element in Trellanstone that reacts to a user's will).

Thus, it is possible that a trip to Greenaere might do additional things that Vlad's amulet does *not* do.

Majikjon

(Has had his own link broken recently, on account of his annual beach vacation, but is back online now.)