[Dragaera] Dzur - Phoenix Stone & Orb

Paul Echeverri palecur at pollywog.com
Fri Aug 18 11:42:48 PDT 2006

Robert Wood wrote:
> How is Vlad able to check the Orb for the time if he's wearing the Phoenix Stones?

I'm curious about this as well. Speculation: He can maintain psychic
communication with Loiosh through the Phx stones. This implies the
existence of 'subchannels' of paranormal activity that are not blocked
by the Phx stones, and thus the 'orb time checking' facility runs along
one such subchannel. Tenuous support can be found by noticing that even
non-sorcerer Imperial Citizens can check the time with the Orb, implying
that this is a non-sorcerous (and thus non-blocked) event. Question: Can
Vlad contact Zerika (and, theoretically, be blasted if such
communication is not of sufficient import) through the Orb, even while
wearing the stones?

pe