[Dragaera] Are Psionics powered by the Orb?

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 13:26:32 PDT 2006

"David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b at dd-b.net> writes:

>On 8/20/06, Erik Holmes <shoby187 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Quick question for the list:
>>
>> Are Psionics (like those Daymar use) powered by the Orb?
>
>No, clearly not.  Loiosh and Rocza make psionic contact without any
>link to the orb, for example.

True, but that's clearly not the same thing as what Vlad uses to talk
to other humanoids (it's not affected by the Phoenix stones for one
thing).

And I believe there's a comment in _Issola_ that psychic
communication is *hard* when the Orb isn't available.

And Daymar is probably doing something unique anyway...

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll