[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler][Orca Spoiler] A slip of the tongue...

Jot Powers books at bofh.com
Tue Aug 22 15:14:31 PDT 2006

Ok, so I read the book a week ago.  Took me this long just to get
through the mailing list.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 11:46:43AM -0700, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:
> Spoiler Space:
>
> Tortaalik
> Adron
> Shaltre
> Daro
> Paarfi
> G'aereth
> Hub
> Iatha
> Fineol
> Tukko
> Dinb
> Fyhnov
> Chaler
> Savn
> Lysek
> Gardimma
>

> Re-reading Dzur, I stumbled upon what appears to be a slip of the tongue
> by Kiera the thief, talking to Vlad about strategy and tactics:
>
> [cite]
>
> /Dzur/ Page 180:
>
> "...which is a problem Dragons tend to have. Strategy only remains
> strategy, apart from tactics, in our heads."
>
> [/cite]
>
> So, why is Kiera the thief including herself when talking about Dragons?
> Isn't Kiera a Jhereg?

Yes, but isn't Sethra a Dzur?  (or more precisely, a proto Dzur),
so Steven's comment that he meant the global "our" (as in dragaerans)
is clearly accurate and this isn't a crack.

Don't have textev on Sethra as a Dzur, but I'm pretty sure it has
been said.

-Jot
--
 Jot Powers      http://www.superpowers.us      <books at bofh.com>
Bumper Sticker: The Liver is Evil, and must be punished.