[Dragaera] Terion (small Dzur spoiler)

Wayne Williams wwilliam at cal.net
Tue Aug 22 23:07:53 PDT 2006

OK.  In Jhereg, Kragar and Vlad are reviewing the file on Mellar, and
Kragar, reciting Mellar's history, says "... A year after that, he wipes out
Terion and takes his place on the Council.  And a year after that, he grabs
up the Council funds and vanishes." (Ace paperback, 4th printing, p53)

Yet now, in Dzur, we see Terion back on the Council, and with a nice
mistress to boot.  What gives?  Maybe he wasn't as "wiped out" as we were
led to believe?  I don't know... after all we've learned about how the
Jhereg operates, and after all we heard about Mellar's vast talents, I would
be surprised to hear that first, Mellar didn't finalize Terion, and second,
he was allowed back on the Council after being bumped off by Mellar.

Hmmmm....

That said, I loved Dzur as much as I loved all the Taltos books.  I'm
looking forward to the next one in which SKZB tells us what happens when
Lady Teldra wakes up, how Vlad and the Jhereg kiss and make up, what grand
plans Verra has for Vlad, makes Cawti a real Jhereg again, etc....

Wayne Williams