[Dragaera] May be moot by now, but - House of Lavodes is Dzur, I think

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Aug 25 09:47:06 PDT 2006

"Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
08/24/06 10:05 PM

"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] May be moot by now, but - House of Lavodes is Dzur,      I
think

>On 8/24/06, ND Montague wrote:
>
>> In The Phoenix Guards, one of the Lavodes is
>> identified as a Dzur.
>>
>> I am rereading and past that part, but I noticed it
>> (since it surprised me) in passing.  I can find it
>> again if need be.
>>

>You are correct that that particular Lavode was a Dzur, but while it
>is entirely natural to generalize from one example, especially in
>these parts, it is not the case that all Lavodes were always Dzur, as
>you will discover if you read the history titled /Five Hundred Years
>After/, which has mention of a group of Lavodes.

Yes, but in all fairness, the only Lavodes that we know the houses for
have all been Dzur.

(Gyorg, Tazendra, Sethra, and <Dzur Spoiler>)

Nett, Roila, Tuvo and Dreen we do not know the houses for. (Unless I
missed it in /FHYA/, which is possible. If so, this info should be added
to the Dramatis Personae page.)

This does not mean that all Lavodes are Dzur, just that we do not yet have
any *direct* evidence to the contrary.