[Dragaera] Dzur spoiler, Plastering over a minor Crack

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 16:38:51 PDT 2006

Really a very minor spoiler, but hey, any excuse to quote more about
Sir Eglamore.

When
she
saw
Sir
Eglamore,
You
should
have
hear
that
dragon
roar
Fa la la-n-fa,
da-n-da da-n-fa,
lanky down dilly.

Way back in /Yendi/, Vlad says:

"I helped myself to a large glass of brandy, which I despise"

And yet as we see in /Taltos/ and other books, he does actually love
good Fenarian brandy.

In /Dzur/, Vlad tells us:

[begin cite]

I treated myself to a Fenarian peach brandy called Oregigeret, [...]
It was wonderful.  The Dragaerans have brandy, too, though they don't
call it that.  And it's right that they don't call it brandy, because
if you like brandy, you won't like the stuff they distill.  When it
came to brandy, I was an Easterner.

[end cite]

Heh.