[Dragaera] Godslayer's purpose <Dzur Spoilers!>

Louis Eastman almagaiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:38:26 PDT 2006

>> Vlad

> >> Loiosh
> >> Rocza
> >> Kiera
> >> Sethra
> >> Morrolan
> >> Sethra
> >> Cawti
> >> Demon
> >> Necromancer
> >> Aliera
> >> Mario
> >> Telnan
> >> Ricard
> >> Aibynn
> >> Kieron
> >> Verra
> >
> >> From Sethra, we learn two essential things about Godslayer's fate or
> >> purpose.
> >>
> >> 1. It's going to kill Verra.
> >
> >There's a *legend* that it's going to kill Verra.  Not something that
> >Sethra knows for certain will happen.
>
> I love the exchange between Verra and Vlad (Paraphrasing since I left my
> copy of /Dzur/ at home today):
>
> Verra: "I do not to bargin with those who threaten to destroy me."
> Vlad: "How's that policy worked out for you?"
> Verra: "Mixed."
>
> Go team Miklos!

I loved that bit.

> >> 2. Godslayer will cut out the diseased flesh from the world.
> >>

> >Again, a legend, not an absolutely certain thing.
> >
> >My current speculation is that it somehow refers to the the corruption
> >of the Jhereg.
> >
> >Whether this means a literal destruction of all Jhereg, or a
> >metaphorical removal of corruption (in that it will make everyone
> >reflexively polite and courteous to everyone else, perhaps?), well, I
> >have no idea.
>
> I don't see how this line could be anything but a metaphor--unless
> Godslayer is intended to be used as a surgical instrument.

Well, remember that the Orb, on its own, prevents all natural disasters and
safeguards the Empreror and is used for a lie detector and memory/knowledge
sharing device. Godslayer is compared to that level of power, along with
Iceflame.
It probably could do a similar thing, except instead of disaster-preventing,
suddenly
all harmful bacteria and viruses (virii?) are wiped out.