[Dragaera] Godslayer's purpose <Dzur Spoilers!>

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Aug 28 09:53:18 PDT 2006

"Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
08/26/06 05:25 PM

"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] Godslayer's purpose <Dzur Spoilers!>

>On 8/26/06, Louis Eastman wrote:
>
>> Vlad
>> Loiosh
>> Rocza
>> Kiera
>> Sethra
>> Morrolan
>> Sethra
>> Cawti
>> Demon
>> Necromancer
>> Aliera
>> Mario
>> Telnan
>> Ricard
>> Aibynn
>> Kieron
>> Verra
>
>> From Sethra, we learn two essential things about Godslayer's fate or
>> purpose.
>>
>> 1. It's going to kill Verra.
>
>There's a *legend* that it's going to kill Verra.  Not something that
>Sethra knows for certain will happen.

I love the exchange between Verra and Vlad (Paraphrasing since I left my
copy of /Dzur/ at home today):

Verra: "I do not to bargin with those who threaten to destroy me."
Vlad: "How's that policy worked out for you?"
Verra: "Mixed."

Go team Miklos!

>> 2. Godslayer will cut out the diseased flesh from the world.
>>

>Again, a legend, not an absolutely certain thing.
>
>My current speculation is that it somehow refers to the the corruption
>of the Jhereg.
>
>Whether this means a literal destruction of all Jhereg, or a
>metaphorical removal of corruption (in that it will make everyone
>reflexively polite and courteous to everyone else, perhaps?), well, I
>have no idea.

I don't see how this line could be anything but a metaphor--unless
Godslayer is intended to be used as a surgical instrument.

The question then becomes, what is it a meta-for? (If you follow the
pun...)

Does it mean destruction of the Jhereg? (In favor of a House of
Easterners, for example?)
Does it mean taking out the "Bad Guys"? (Jenoine? LoJ? Arrogant
Dragonlords?)
Does it mean destroying anyone, regardless of House or species, that is
discourteous in the extreme? (Fornia, Loraan, Laris, et al)
Any and all of these are intriguing to me.