[Dragaera] Godslayer's purpose <Dzur Spoilers!>

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:25:48 PDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Louis Eastman wrote:

> Vlad
> Loiosh
> Rocza
> Kiera
> Sethra
> Morrolan
> Sethra
> Cawti
> Demon
> Necromancer
> Aliera
> Mario
> Telnan
> Ricard
> Aibynn
> Kieron
> Verra

> From Sethra, we learn two essential things about Godslayer's fate or
> purpose.
>
> 1. It's going to kill Verra.

There's a *legend* that it's going to kill Verra.  Not something that
Sethra knows for certain will happen.

> 2. Godslayer will cut out the diseased flesh from the world.

Again, a legend, not an absolutely certain thing.

My current speculation is that it somehow refers to the the corruption
of the Jhereg.

Whether this means a literal destruction of all Jhereg, or a
metaphorical removal of corruption (in that it will make everyone
reflexively polite and courteous to everyone else, perhaps?), well, I
have no idea.