[Dragaera] Boing!

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:27:51 PDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> Even that's misleading.    "Oh, I'm going to read Yendi, because I like
> animals, and want to see what kind of animal characteristics the title
> character has".

That's an interesting point, since the Houses were (as I understand
it) chosen to represent different aspects of human nature rather than
for verisimilitude w/rt real animals. Thus, it might be more accurate
to leave the animals out entirely and say that Dragaerans are tied to
aspects of human nature, each symbolized by a fantastic animal.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,