[Dragaera] Posting poll

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 14:27:17 PDT 2006

On 9/8/06, A.S. Zanoni wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> How often do we get new people to list?

It is possible to retrieve the list membership. I saved off copies of
this list because I know that various computer problems have plagued
dragaera.info in the past (I haven't saved off that many, though).  It
might be that mailman will log subscriber joins, so perhaps DD-B can
give you more precise data.

Anyway, looking just at the number of list members, I see that the
list was possibly at its peak in Jan of this year.

20060101-         309 Non-digested Members of Dragaera:
			 46 Digested
--
20060728-         203 Non-digested Members of Dragaera:
			 22 Digested

Generalizing from the two significant datapoints of 20060728 (shortly
after the list was reopened) and now, there are approximately 4 new
non-digested list members per week, and 6 new digested (my, what an
unfortunate term) list members per week.

It would probably be better to gather more data (grab the user list
once a week, track changes), though. I suspect that the
rate-of-joining spiked after the list re-opened, then leveled off (and
perhaps dropped a bit).  And Dzur might have caused another spike.