[Dragaera] Meta, attn dd-b: dragaera mail archive is not logging

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:51:48 PDT 2006

On 9/17/06, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> On 9/15/06, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > It seems to have stopped sometime on Tuesday.
> >
> > I noticed that there was often a delay before posts would show up,
> > sometimes a very long delay indeed (several hours, or most of a day),
> > but never this long.
>
> If you're talking about appearing in the archives, that's a once-a-day
> run as I understand it.

I could have sworn that it was slightly more frequent than that.
Twice-a-day, at the very least.

Yet when I wrote that, on Friday afternoon, posts from Wednesday had
not yet appeared in the archive.

And mailman's archiving has broken before.  I thought it had happened again.

> Anyway, while traffic seems low, your message came through the list
> and appears in the archives.

Clearly, mailman was just biding its time so that it could make me
look like a fool for panicking. </paranoia>