[Dragaera] Meta, attn dd-b: dragaera mail archive is not logging

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Sep 18 08:36:40 PDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/17/06, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> > On 9/15/06, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > > It seems to have stopped sometime on Tuesday.
> > >
> > > I noticed that there was often a delay before posts would show up,
> > > sometimes a very long delay indeed (several hours, or most of a day),
> > > but never this long.
> >
> > If you're talking about appearing in the archives, that's a once-a-day
> > run as I understand it.
>
> I could have sworn that it was slightly more frequent than that.
> Twice-a-day, at the very least.

The documentation at Dreamhost says once a day.   I haven't carefully
checked that it never gets run more often, though.

> Yet when I wrote that, on Friday afternoon, posts from Wednesday had
> not yet appeared in the archive.
>
> And mailman's archiving has broken before.  I thought it had happened again.

I occasionally have my doubts about Dreamhost, they've had a LOT of
trouble with things the last couple of months.  It might have been
wedged for a while.

> > Anyway, while traffic seems low, your message came through the list
> > and appears in the archives.
> >

> Clearly, mailman was just biding its time so that it could make me
> look like a fool for panicking. </paranoia>

Software will do that, given half a chance.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>