[Dragaera] Blackwand's Black Ray's of Death

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 17:19:24 PDT 2006

[Dzur spoiler]

On 9/19/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> "Holmes, Erik" <Erik.Holmes at unisys.com> wrote:

> >Quick question for the list,
> >
> >Do we have any evidence one way or the other if the black energy
> >released by blackwand destroys the soul of its victim?
>
> I do not believe there's anything definitive said either way. (And even if
> there was, it would be from either Vlad or Paarfi's perspective, and
> hence, somehwhat unreliable.)

Definitive, no. But Sethra is familiar with Blackwand, and Sethra also
doesn't believe there is a way to sorcerously morganti someone. (Vlad
says, "No doubt there's an Athyra somewhere working on it.") Possibly
Blackwand's methods don't count as sorcery, even though they're
amorphia-based (again according to Sethra in /Issola/), but you'd
think she'd be more positive about the idea in any case if Blackwand's
bolts were morganti.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,