[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Blackwand's Black Ray's of Death

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Wed Sep 20 06:19:07 PDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Crithnak's sister was killed from a distance, by a bolt
> very similar to Blackwand's... And that apparently did
> destroy her soul.

To which Max Wilson replied:
> There was no bolt, actually. Daymar seems to think the
> sorceress was exposing herself in some way, or at least
> he's not surprised that the morganti effect was possible,
> but he thought it would depend upon the spell being used.
> Morrolan's victims are not exposing themselves in the
> same way, and yes, when it comes to magic Teldra
> certainly is unique in several abilities.

I need to go back and read the passage again, but it seemed to me as if
the spell that she was casting was in some way reflected back at her.
On first reading, I thought her death was simply a case of a
catastrophic feedback loop.  (Perhaps a reference to the old line about
the subject of a "work" assignment 'killing themselves'.)  I was as
surprised as Vlad to find out that she was unrevivifiable, but perhaps
it wasn't truly because Godslayer is Morganti, but rather a simple case
of fried brain stem.

Casey