[Dragaera] Verra puts her hand in again (or perhaps other parts)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:36:01 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Steve Rapaport wrote:

> Re-reading The Phoenix Guards  (Spoilers for that book follow!)
>
> [Verra recalls Adron]
>
> I assume that Verra could have just as easily chosen a different place (or
> even time!) for this presentation, so she was probably just trying to
> interfere with the events of the Empire again.  But this begs the question
> "Why?"

Interesting question.  A simple answer might be, "She knew having Adron
there would lead to a mess".  E.g., when the guards arrest Khaavren
et al. there would be a melee with unhappy results.  Or Adron would
have clashed with Tortaalik already.  Or the events at the end of the
book would not have unwound to such perfect satisfaction for the heros.