[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] very randomly

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 11:04:07 PDT 2006

Philip Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>

>> Philip Hart wrote:

>>> b
>>> c
>>> d
>>> e
>>> f
>>> g
>>> h
>>> i
>>> j
>>> k
>>> l
>>> m
>>> n
>>> o
>>> p
>>>
>>> Also it avoids the nice conflict
>>> I imagine Teldra will have over her new existence as a soul-eating
>>> entity.
>>>
>> Hmmm... Will Teldra really have any problem with her new identity as a
>> soul-destroying weapon?
>>

> It's not a new identity in the "His new identity as an outlaw" sense.

Hmm... Identity isn't a strong enough term--it's more a new incarnation
than a new identity.

>> 2) Teldra was not above insulting Jenoine.
>>

> Irrelevant.

Perhaps. But it's an example of her behaving in a way that is less than
polite. Keep in mind that the character of the Issola is not about just
being "polite", it's about behaving "appropriately". If, as a Great
Weapon, it becomes "appropriate" for her to destroy souls, will she have
moral qualms carrying out this task?

>> We have no reason to think she had anything against killing
>>

> Irrelevant.

Irrelevant? I rather think this is the central question. Was Teldra
opposed to killing/soul-destroying before becoming a part of a GW? If
she was not, why should there be any conflict with her becoming a
soul-destroying entity herself?

>> In /Issola/, it became pretty clear that Teldra trusted Vlad utterly.
>>

> Utterly?  That's laughable.

"Utterly" seems to be exactly the right adjective. Even when they were
going to Verra's Halls, and everyone else didn't know what Vlad was
going to do, Teldra seemed to know that there was a 0% chance that he
might actually kill his goddess. She even let him mess around with raw
amorphia with hardly a blink. Whatever other feelings Teldra had for
Vlad, it's pretty evident that trust was at or near the top of the list.
>> Will she have a problem trusting him to decide whose soul is no longer
>> needed?
>>

> No longer needed - to exist?  Which no longer needing to exist will
> be executed by whatever percentage of her is left?
That was exactly the question, yes.

> Yeah, I think so.

Well, I tend to disagree. But there it is.