[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] very randomly

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 6 19:26:20 PDT 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Philip Hart wrote:
>
> > Also it avoids the nice conflict
> > I imagine Teldra will have over her new existence as a soul-eating
> > entity.
>
> Hmmm... Will Teldra really have any problem with her new identity as a
> soul-destroying weapon?

It's not a new identity in the "His new identity as an outlaw" sense.

> 2) Teldra was not above insulting Jenoine.

Irrelevant.

> We have no reason to think she had anything against killing

Irrelevant.

> 3) Godslayer is supposed to "cut away the diseased flesh"...

Irrelevant.

> That is Teldra's new job. It is appropriate for her to swallow souls in
> her new incarnation--under certain circumstances, anyway.

Begs the question.

> 4) Consider also that it is Vlad who chooses how and when to wield
> her... Thus (potentially) taking her out of the decision-making process
> for whose soul gets eaten and whose doesn't.

Well, potentially the events since the start of Issola have been a dream.
Remember "Ask Blackwand".

> In /Issola/, it became pretty clear that Teldra trusted Vlad utterly.

Utterly?  That's laughable.

> Will she have a problem trusting him to decide whose soul is no longer
> needed?

No longer needed - to exist?  Which no longer needing to exist will
be executed by whatever percentage of her is left?  Yeah, I think so.