[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] very randomly

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:19:07 PDT 2006

On 10/7/06, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 10/7/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> > Philip Hart wrote:

> > > Utterly?  That's laughable.
> > >
> > "Utterly" seems to be exactly the right adjective. Even when they were
> > going to Verra's Halls, and everyone else didn't know what Vlad was
> > going to do, Teldra seemed to know that there was a 0% chance that he
> > might actually kill his goddess. She even let him mess around with raw
> > amorphia with hardly a blink. Whatever other feelings Teldra had for
> > Vlad, it's pretty evident that trust was at or near the top of the list.
>
> Perhaps so, but "utterly" is still way too strong. If she trusted him
> utterly (as opposed to merely implicitly or some such) she would have
> let him mouth off to Verra, for instance, trusting that he had some
> good reason for doing so. That would have been a mistake.

For that matter, she did so both as a Dragaeran and as a sword.

And now that I am reminded of it, quite possibly other times as well,
as a sword.  If she interferes in any way, then she obviously does not
trust him to be courteous.

Going back to the question of how Teldra feels about destroying souls,
I now have the pararectal notion that perhaps Teldra did indeed in
some way examine Crithnak's sister's soul, and found her to be utterly
and irredeemably malignant, and thus decided that it was appropriate
to destroy.  It looked rapid to us, but it was merely... a reflex to
Teldra.

See also: "Cut out the diseased flesh of the world."

Alternatively, and still pararectally, perhaps the soul was not
destroyed, but whatever Teldra did with it (store it; send it
immediately to the Plane of Waiting Souls; send it to the Paths of the
Dead) *looked* like it was destroyed from the POV of a sorceress.

Oh, well.  At some point, perhaps Teldra will see fit to tell Vlad
(and he, us) what happened.