[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] very randomly [No Longer Spoilers For Dzur]

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 13:26:24 PDT 2006

On 10/7/06, Will Frank <wmfrank at stwing.org> wrote:
> Also Sprach Maximilian Wilson:
>
> <Teldra trusting Vlad "utterly>
>
> > Perhaps so, but "utterly" is still way too strong. If she trusted him
> > utterly (as opposed to merely implicitly or some such) she would have
> > let him mouth off to Verra, for instance, trusting that he had some
> > good reason for doing so. That would have been a mistake.
>
> I disagree, but what we're facing is a crisis of semantics. What
> does "utterly" mean as opposed to "implicitly"?  What you're talking about
> is having implicit faith in his infallibility, which I would say is another
> leap up from utter trust.

Fair enough. We agree that she is willing to question when Vlad is
doing something that appears questionable. I do agree with Jon that
Teldra displays an unusual amount of trust in Vlad--she didn't object
to his playing with amorphia, because no other appropriate course of
action existed anyway, but her assumption that "We both know you have
no intention of killing her" is quite telling. It's one thing to
presume on somebody's competence, that they wouldn't (say) kill Verra
without a good reason. It's something else to presume on your
understanding of another's character to trust that they'll do the
right thing, and if it isn't right they just won't do it. I don't
really understand why she likes Vlad so thoroughly, but she does.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clauswitz