[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:44:28 PDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Philip Hart wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
> > On 10/12/06, Philip Hart wrote:
> > >
> > > What is Cawti working for as of _Yendi_ if she's rich?
> > > It makes her accepting the Vlad contract harder to motivate.
> > >

> > perhaps she has debts of various shapes and sizes.
>
> But then there goes the she's-rich conclusion.

Not entirely necessarily.  Recall Fyres, for example.

> > Another possible motivation: Perhaps Vlad's reputation was blackened
> > to her by the ones who put the hit out:
>
> I think we ought to have heard about that in _Y_ if so, and she doesn't
> show any animus towards M that I recall, esp. given that he killed her.

Well, she has a great deal of self-control, after all.  Perhaps she
elected to withhold judgment until she knew M personally, and once she
knew him personally, her animus faded.  Or perhaps she made enough
queries behind Vlad's back to get the details of the events and
satisfy herself that Morrolan wasn't quite as bad as had been made
out.  Who can say?