[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 12 14:32:27 PDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 10/12/06, Philip Hart wrote:
> >
> > What is Cawti working for as of _Yendi_ if she's rich?
> > It makes her accepting the Vlad contract harder to motivate.
> >

> Well, why does any assassin take more than one high-priced job, if
> that job would keep them comfortable for years, if spent carefully?

Most probably don't.  Do we know C&N took a lot of jobs?  Maybe they've
done a very few high-profile ones over the years.

> perhaps she has debts of various shapes and sizes.

But then there goes the she's-rich conclusion.

> Another possible motivation: Perhaps Vlad's reputation was blackened
> to her by the ones who put the hit out:

I think we ought to have heard about that in _Y_ if so, and she doesn't
show any animus towards M that I recall, esp. given that he killed her.