[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 13 16:19:06 PDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> Anyway, I would guess that Vlad is simply not in the habit of
> divulging a whole lot about the state of his own finances, and doesn't
> do a whole lot of asking about the finances of those he cares for,
> either.  And Cawti would presumably be the same way. Each of them
> probably suspects a lot about the state of the other's finances, but
> might very well not know for sure.

I think in a marriage rich/not-rich is going to become apparent.
E.g. who pays the rent this month, who pays at Valabar's
(am I imagining it or does Cawti say something at the end of
_Dragon_ like "My treat, I just did some work"?), who's got
ready cash in an emergency.

For that matter isn't it the custom to just leave money lying
around?  Would Cawti not have a sackful of gold in the guest
bedroom, assuming she doesn't have an office?