[Dragaera] [Orca spoiler] A Devera thread, please?

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 08:05:19 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [Orca spoilers]
> > .
> But Devera is not going to be a love interest for VN because by the
> time she's old enough to date, VN is almost certainly going to be
> completely grey-haired, and possibly arthritic.  And Devera will
> almost certainly know VN as "Uncle" while she's growing up, just like
> she calls Vlad using that familiar epithet.  QED

While I agree with your conclusions, I hesitate to agree with your
reasoning about dating ages. For one thing, Devera is *already* older
than Vlad himself, which saves VN a few years of aging. For another,
age may or may not be kind of arbitrary for Devera (I'm beginning to
suspect that the old gypsy in /Agyar/ may be Devera). Finally, time is
*definitely* funny around Devera. This girl was sent as the messenger
to announce the birth of her own mother. I have no doubt that, if it
were deemed Cool, a suitably-aged Devera could show up when VN is also
suitably-aged.

Come to think of it, there's that whole thing with Laszlo and
witchcraft. So who knows, maybe even Vlad Sr. will still be hale and
hearty a hundred years from now. Unless he's been dissolved in a
puddle of Jenoine amorphia...

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz