[Dragaera] [Orca spoiler] A Devera thread, please?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 20:35:16 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> >> [Orca spoilers]
> >> .

> > Devera is a full-blooded Dragon, the daughter of Aliera e'Kieron and
> > Kieron the Conqueror.
> >
> Well, I agree this is likely correct, but this has not actually yet been
> stated anywhere "officially" in the texts.

I think that Steve stating so externally at least twice, and possibly
more times, means that it is settled at least in his own mind, which I
think is as settled as it's ever going to be.

> > While Aliera is extremely arrogant, she's not going to give birth to a
> > Dragon-Jhereg crossbreed if she possibly can help it.  Since she's an
> > extremely competent sorceress, she can help it.  QED.
> >
> Seems unlikely. If she hasn't run into problems of this kind with Mario,
> it's likely she knows how to stop it from becoming a problem.
>
> At the same time, note that Steve's hint about Kieron being the father
> has the conception taking place in the Paths of the Dead--where sorcery
> is not operative. The "She can help it" argument looses some of its
> potency if sorcery is not available to her.

Spelling peeve: One "o" in "loses".

And when Aliera goes to Kieron, I suspect that becoming pregnant is
actually her goal rather than the opposite.