[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 16:31:21 PDT 2006

--- Chris Olson <Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM> wrote:

> Michele Riccio wrote On 10/23/06 13:50,:
> > I'm curious as to why Vlad never investigates the identity of his
> > mother.  OK, Dad never talked much (or consistently) about her,
> > and his grandfather is silent on the subject as well - but one would
> > think he'd at least try and look up some information on his own,
> > marriage records, birth/death records, something to give him an
> > idea of who she was.
>
> It might also be a lack of curiosity or desire to know.  I have a friend
 who was adopted, and she's never had any interest in finding out who her
> real parents are.  It may be unusual, but it's not unprecedented.

I know someone who's the same way.

> > Unless this is one of the things that was taken from his memories.
>
> Of course, that could also be true; and wouldn't surprise me in the
> least. :)

Or something that he hasn't felt like mentioning.  Maybe it's
not even an interesting story--his mother was a nice middle-class
Fenarian woman who died at or not long after his birth.  He
doesn't remember her, but his father had a psiprint and Vlad used
to stare at it in rare idle moments, finding resemblances to
himself and Noish-pa.  Sad, but it happens every day in South
Adrilankha.

Noish-pa is Vlad's maternal grandfather, right?  Or did I
make that up?

Jerry Friedman agrees that we could be being set up for a
revelation about Vlad's mother, too.